Crown of Life Lutheran Church and School
- 1292 Tally Ho Trail
- Operational date
- February 2010
- 28.2-kilowatt roof-mounted PV system
- Total project cost
- $98,050 from We Energies
$43,900 from Focus on Energy
- Estimated savings achieved
- $3,600 per year in electricity savings
- Continually striving for higher education, Crown of Life Lutheran Church and School is on the forefront of renewable technologies
by installing a fixed roof-mount solar array. The 370-member congregation in the Town of Hubertus has made a commitment to help
educate students, staff, congregation and public about this emerging approach to meeting energy demand with renewable technologies.
Having a solar electric system onsite allows first-hand learning and preparation for this energy source. Employing the system brings
to life the practices and teaching in the church and classroom. The renewable solar component is embedded in the curriculum for the
science program and enhances the overall goals and mission of the church.
- Beyond the technical advantages gained by the installation of a solar electric system, Crown of Life congregants and students have
a source of pride knowing that their church and school is committed to a clean, green, renewable source for a portion of its energy
needs, which furthers its stewardship mission.
- Contact information
- Crown of Life Evangelical Lutheran Church and School
1292 Tally Ho Trail
Hubertus, WI 53033