Watch out: Scammers may try to scare you into giving them money by pretending to be from We Energies. Don't be a victim.
If you think a scammer is targeting you, call us at 800-242-9137. If you fall victim to a scam, report
the theft to your local police.
Beware of these common scams:
This is the most common scam. A caller may:
- Pretend to be from We Energies. They may even manipulate caller ID to display "We Energies" or use a recording that
sounds like it's from us.
- Threaten to turn off your power or natural gas in a short amount of time.
- Demand immediate payment — often by prepaid debit card or unusual payment method such as Bitcoin.
If you are ever in doubt about a phone call, hang up and call us.
If someone comes to your door claiming to be from We Energies, ask for identification. It's not rude, it's safe.
Here's how to tell a real We Energies employee or contractor from a fake one.
- An employee or contractor will readily prove their identity. An imposter won't.
- An employee or contractor will wear a photo ID with their name and company logo.
When in doubt, call us so we can confirm our employee's or our contractor's identity.
What you can do to stop scams
- Hang up. If you have any doubts about a call, hang up and call us. If it is a real call, we won't be
offended. We can verify your payment status and check on your account anytime.
- Get it in writing. We typically contact you several times via mail about past-due bills before service
is shut off — not by a phone call the same day.
- Know your options. We provide many payment options
and never require use of a prepaid debit card or unusual payment method.
- Report it. Contact local authorities and us to report a theft or attempted theft. Complete a
Green Dot MoneyPak refund request to try to stop your money
from being transferred.
- Keep others safe. Share these tips with neighbors, family and friends.
Customer service: 800-242-9137