Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program
Energy for Tomorrow makes it easy to make a difference in the environment by increasing electricity production from energy sources such as wind, solar and landfill gas. As a We Energies electric customer, you can participate in this voluntary program that not only increases use of renewable energy but also reduces greenhouse gas emissions produced by fossil fuels.
How it works
- Choose amount. You can participate at a 25, 50 or 100 percent level. We produce or purchase renewable energy to match that percentage of your electric usage, which replaces equal amounts of electric generation from traditional sources. Participation does not impact electric service reliability.
- Pay additional charge per kilowatt-hour (kWh). Because renewable energy costs more to produce than energy generated from traditional sources, the price is slightly higher. We use the premium to produce or purchase renewable energy and to enroll new participants.
660 kWh was the average monthly use for a We Energies residential customer in 2017. Here is a comparison of additional charges for 660 kWh at the various participation levels (actual monthly charges vary based on usage):
- 25% Level ($0.00502/kWh): $3.31
- 50% Level ($0.01004/kWh): $6.63
- 100% Level ($0.02007/kWh): $13.25
Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program is a tariffed rate rider offered to We Energies electric customers. The tariff is regulated by the public service commission. All changes to these tariffs must be submitted to and approved by the applicable state laws and regulatory policies of the public service commission. Notification of changes to Energy for Tomorrow prices will follow regulations set forth by the public service commission.
Customers enrolled in Energy for Tomorrow receive a fuel-cost adjustment (FCA) reduction based on participation level. Customers enrolled at 100 percent pay no FCA; enrollment at 50 percent receives a 50 percent FCA reduction; and enrollment at 25 percent receives a 25 percent reduction.
Energy for Tomorrow program activation takes one or two billing periods. Energy for Tomorrow charges appear on We Energies energy bills. The charge is labeled, showing participation level and total charge each billing period.
Residential customers may sign up, change participation level and withdraw from the Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program at any time by notifying us at 800-242-9137 or firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee to withdraw or change participation level.
Product content label
Energy for Tomorrow matches 25, 50 or 100 percent of your electricity use. Energy for Tomorrow is made up of the following new renewable resources averaged annually. Information provided is both historic and prospective. For specific information about this electricity product, go to www.we-energies.com/eft or contact us at 800-242-9137 or email@example.com.
|Product||2017 actual mix1||2018 projected mix2||General location|
|Energy for Tomorrow Green-e certified new renewables3|
|We Energies overall power mix|
|Renewables||5.5%||4.8%||WI, MI, MN and MB|
|Coal||50.8%||53.3%||WI and MI|
- These figures reflect the actual resource mix of electricity we provided during the preceding year.
- These figures reflect the power that we have contracted to provide this year. Actual figures may vary according to resource availability.
- New renewables come from generation facilities that first began commercial operation in the past 15 years.
Energy for Tomorrow is Green-e Energy certified and meets the environmental and consumer protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at green-e.org