We Energies website privacy and security
Effective Oct. 1, 2010
Your privacy is important to us
We Energies delivers excellent customer service every day, and information you provide to us through this website ("Site") or that we maintain for your account helps us meet that expectation. We realize that it is essential to keep your information protected. Here is our promise to customers:
- Personal information that you provide to us through this Site and information about your account will be kept secure, using 128-bit encryption.
- Information we obtain allows us to provide the service you requested and improve our website. This information varies depending on the products and services you are using, and could include data such as your name, e-mail address, utility service address, telephone number, bank account, passwords, and social security/tax ID information. We use information you provide in the following ways: a) your e-mail address enables us to communicate with you. Examples of this communication include notification that a new bill is ready (Online Billing), tailored newsletters, general e-mail communication and Energy Grams; b) your name, the address where you receive our utility services, your account number and telephone number allow us to match the information to the correct utility service account, providing you with necessary data for the online service you are using; c) your bank account information is used to provide a complete online billing and payment service; and d) your Social Security or tax ID information is necessary to establish utility service using the online application. You will be given the opportunity to opt-out of newsletters and other marketing or informational communication.
- When you visit our Site, we may record some details about your visit for statistical and administrative purposes. Information we may gather could include your server address, top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, etc.), the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, and the type of browser used. We also use this information to improve our site.
- Only authorized We Energies employees, and other organizations hired to provide support services, will have access to the personal and account information you provide. Those employees and organizations have signed a policy statement or confidentiality agreement regarding the use of your personal and account information that prohibits them from disclosing your information.
- Whenever we hire outside firms to provide support services, we require that they conform to our customer information confidentiality standards and requirements.
- Your personal and account information will not be shared with any organization or individual that does not provide support services unless we have written authorization from you, or we are required to provide the information by law. We do not sell customer information.
- If you need to correct the information we have on file for you or your account, you may contact us via e-mail, or by phone at 800-242-9137.
Copyright ©2010 We Energies, All rights reserved.