Energy for Tomorrow makes it easy to make a difference in the environment by increasing electricity production from energy
sources such as wind and solar. As a We Energies electric customer, you can participate
in this voluntary program that not only increases use of renewable energy but also reduces greenhouse gas emissions produced by fossil fuels.
How it works
- Choose amount. You can participate at a 25, 50 or 100% level. We produce or purchase renewable energy to match that
percent of your electricity use, which replaces equal amounts of electric generation from traditional sources. Participation does not
impact electric service reliability.
- Pay additional charge per kilowatt-hour (kWh). Because renewable energy costs more to produce than energy generated from
traditional sources, the price is slightly higher. We use the premium to produce or purchase renewable energy and to enroll new participants.
660 kWh is the average monthly use for a We Energies residential customer. Here is a comparison of additional charges for 660 kWh
at the various participation levels (actual monthly charges vary based on usage):
- 25% Level ($0.00502/kWh): $3.31
- 50% Level ($0.01004/kWh): $6.63
- 100% Level ($0.02007/kWh): $13.25
Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program is offered to We Energies electric customers and regulated by the
Public Service Commission of Wisconsin (PSCW). All changes to this program must be submitted to and approved by the applicable state laws and
regulatory policies of the PSCW. Notification of changes to Energy for Tomorrow prices will follow regulations set forth by PSCW.
Customers enrolled in Energy for Tomorrow receive a fuel-cost adjustment (FCA) reduction based on participation level.
Customers enrolled at 100% pay no FCA; enrolled at 50% receive a 50% FCA reduction; and enrolled at 25% receive a 25% reduction.
Energy for Tomorrow program activation takes one or two billing periods. The program charge(s) will be added to your
We Energies bill, showing participation level and total charge per billing period.
Residential customers may sign up, change participation level or be removed
from the program at any time by contacting us at 800-242-9137
or email@example.com. There is no fee to change or cancel your participation.
Product content label
Energy for Tomorrow matches 25, 50 or 100% of your electricity use. Energy for Tomorrow is made up of the following new renewable resources averaged annually.
Information provided is both historic and prospective. We base all comparisons on 660 kWh per month. 660 kWh is the average monthly use for a
We Energies residential customer. The Energy for Tomorrow rate is administered by the PSCW.
Changes to the rate are subject to their rules.
||2021 projected mix
||2021 actual mix1
||2022 projected mix2
|Energy for Tomorrow Green-e certified new renewables3
|We Energies overall power mix4
||WI, MI, MN and Manitoba
- These figures reflect the actual resource mix of electricity delivered to Energy for Tomorrow customers in 2021.
- These figures reflect the renewables that we have contracted to provide in 2022. Actual figures may vary according to resource availability.
- New renewables come from generation facilities that first began commercial operation in the past 15 years.
- For comparison, the current average mix of resources supplying the United States includes:
natural gas (40%), coal (19%), nuclear (19%), and renewables (21%). This resource mix is
for 2020 as detailed by the U.S. Energy Information Agency.
Energy for Tomorrow is Green-e certified and meets the environmental and consumer protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions.
Learn more at green-e.org