Madison College - Fort Atkinson
- 827 Banker Road
Fort Atkinson, WI
- Operational date
- March 2010
- 100-kilowatt wind turbine
- Total project cost
- $100,000 from We Energies
$100,000 from Focus on Energy
- Estimated savings achieved
- $15,000 per year in electricity savings
- Madison College - Fort Atkinson installed the first 100-kilowatt wind turbine in We Energies service area in December 2009.
The Northwind turbine has a total height of 155 feet from the base of the tower to blade tip.
- Fred Brechlin, architect for the Madison College System, said the turbine produces about 80 percent of the campus' electrical
needs, saving roughly $15,000 per year.
- Madison College provides technical training and course work to meet needs of employers and employees in the Madison area.
The on-site turbine helps to meet the electric needs on campus and provides students with a model of local green energy generation.
The wind turbine also stimulates interest and programming in the field of wind technology.
- Contact information
- Fred Brechlin
Department of Facilities Management
Professional Services Manager