The Johnson Foundation
- 33 E. Four Mile Rd.
- Operational date
- July 2007
- 16.32-kilowatt ground-mounted solar electric (photovoltaic) array
- Total project cost
- $48,413 We Energies
$35,000 Focus on Energy
- Estimated annual savings achieved
- The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread is dedicated to serving as a catalyst for innovative public
and private solutions in two spheres – one global and one regional – that reflect the Johnson family’s longstanding passions: healthy
environments and healthy local communities.
- The Foundation supports conferences on sustainable development and the environment. The Foundation and its parent company, S.C. Johnson,
support reducing carbon dioxide emissions and reversing global warming. The Foundation believes that the renewable energy project shows
its commitment to its mission.
- The 16.32-kW ground-mounted array makes it easier to clean the panels of both snow and grime. This helps keep energy production at its
optimum level and prolongs the system's life.