Fox River Christian Church
- S46 W24130 Lawnsdale Rd
- Operational date
- January 2010
- 30 kilowatt roof-mounted PV system
- Total project cost
- $85,745 from We Energies
$49,200 from Focus on Energy
- Estimated savings achieved
- $3,580 per year in electricity savings
- Fox River Christian Church, a 2,000-member church in Waukesha, applied for a We Energies Non-Profit Renewable Energy grant in the fall of 2008
to display an active role in renewable resources and environmental stewardship in the field of ministry. Thinking ahead, church leadership saw a
way to acquire an energy resource that over time will help pay for itself and reduce the facility budget.
- Monthly reminders in the church program urge people to learn how the church is partnering with We Energies to make a difference. Each July, more
than 500 children and their parents enter the building for vacation bible school, which includes science and technology as a natural break-out
for teaching the values of solar energy.
- Located on a busy intersection of Highway 164, Fox River Christian Church’s large solar array provides visibility to their community’s involvement
in green energy on a medium scale, attainable by other organizations with commitment and vision.
- Contact information
- Fox River Christian Church
S46 W24130 Lawnsdale Road
Waukesha, WI 53189