Ascension Lutheran Church
- Shiocton, WI
- Operational date
- July 2009
- 15.75-kilowatt roof mounted solar electric system.
- Total project cost
- $37,989 from We Energies
$34,800 from Focus on Energy
- Estimated annual savings achieved
- 17,400 kWh/$1,910
- Founded in 1873, Ascension Lutheran Church serves 200 member households in northern Wisconsin. Their goal in adding a 15.75-kW solar
electric system to their building was to promote awareness and use of alternative energy among their members and the community at
large, as well as reducing energy costs in an environmentally friendly way. The membership wants to demonstrate that renewable energy
is effective over the long term and supports their commitment to being good stewards of the earth.
- As an active community center, the church provides renewable energy education to both members and non-members who attend the annual
Fall Bazaar, Potato Pancake and Porkies dinner, annual polka service and five-day Vacation Bible School that attracts area children
and parents from three other area churches.
- For more information, contact:
- Ascension Lutheran Church
W6101 Navarino Rd.