Energy for Tomorrow
Our Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program makes it easy to make a difference in the environment by increasing electricity production from energy sources such as wind, water, solar and landfill gas. As a We Energies electric customer, you can participate in this voluntary program that not only increases use of renewable energy but also reduces greenhouse gas emissions produced by fossil fuels.
Energy for Tomorrow additional charge for Wisconsin customer using 750 kWh
- 25% Level ($0.00502/kWh): $3.77
- 50% Level ($0.01004/kWh): $7.53
- 100% Level ($0.02007/kWh): $15.05
Energy for Tomorrow additional charge for Michigan customer using 750 kWh
- 25% Level ($0.00755/kWh): $5.66
- 50% Level ($0.0151/kWh): $11.33
- 100% Level ($0.0302/kWh): $22.65
How it works
- Choose amount. You can participate at a 25, 50 or 100 percent level. We produce or purchase renewable energy to match that percentage of your electric usage, which replaces equal amounts of electric generation from traditional sources. Participation does not impact electric service reliability.
- Pay additional charge per kilowatt-hour. Because renewable energy costs more to produce than energy generated from traditional sources, the price is slightly higher. The premium is used to produce or purchase the renewable energy and to enroll new participants. The list above shows the additional charge for a customer using 750 kilowatt-hours a month. Actual monthly charges vary based on usage.
Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program is a tariffed rate rider offered to We Energies electric customers in Wisconsin and Michigan. The tariffs are regulated by the public service commission in the state where you receive service. All changes to these tariffs must be submitted to and approved by the applicable state laws and regulatory policies of the appropriate state public service commission. Notification of changes to Energy for Tomorrow prices will follow the regulations set forth by the appropriate state public service commission.
Customers enrolled in the Energy for Tomorrow program receive a reduction in their fuel-cost adjustment (FCA) based on their level on participation. A customer enrolled at 100 percent pays no FCA, enrollment at 50 percent receives a 50 percent FCA reduction, and enrollment at 25 percent receives a 25 percent reduction.
The Energy for Tomorrow charge will be on your We Energies energy bill. The charge will be labeled, showing your participation level and total charge for the billing period. It takes one or two billing periods to activate participation in Energy for Tomorrow.
Residential customers may sign up, change participation level and withdraw from the Energy for Tomorrow renewable energy program at any time by notifying us at 800-242-9137. There is no fee to withdraw or change participation level.
(or call 800-242-9137)
Product content label
Energy for Tomorrow matches 25, 50 or 100 percent of your electricity use. Energy for Tomorrow is made up of the following new renewable resources averaged annually. Information provided is both historic and prospective. For specific information about this electricity product, visit www.we-energies.com/eft or call 800-242-9137. We base all of our comparisons on an average home using 750 kWh per month.
|Product||2015 actual mix1||2016 projected mix||General location|
|Energy for Tomorrow Green-e certified new renewables3|
|We Energies overall power mix|
|Renewables||4.6%||4.3%||WI, MI, MN and MB|
|Coal||53.5%||52.2%||WI and MI|
- These figures reflect the actual resource mix of electricity we provided during the preceding year.
- These figures reflect the power that we have contracted to provide this year. Actual figures may vary according to resource availability.
- New renewables come from generation facilities that first began commercial operation in the past 15 years.
Energy for Tomorrow is Green-e certified and meets the environmental and consumer protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at green-e.org