After we receive all payments and approvals and notification from you that your development site is ready for
installation, we schedule installation. If applying for both electric and natural gas, installations are
What you do
- Locate and mark or expose any privately owned underground facilities, such as wells, septic/sewer lines,
etc. We Energies and our agents are not responsible for repair or cost of repair for damage to private
underground facilities that were not properly located and marked.
- Brushing, if required, following notification from our work coordinator.
- Ensure development is within four inches of final grade and remains that way throughout construction.
- Provide early notification of when road crossings can be installed. As soon as sewer and water installation
is complete, we can begin road crossings for electric distribution. As soon as the road crossings are complete,
curbs and blacktop can be started.
- Invite us to your pre-construction meeting. Inform us of these meetings as early as possible, with at least
one week's notice, so we can plan to attend.
What we do
- Coordinate installation plan.
- Provide notification of brushing requirements.
- Deliver construction materials. For larger projects, we may ask you to provide a staging area.
- Contact Diggers Hotline (Wisconsin) or Miss Dig (Michigan) to have public underground lines, pipes and other
facilities located at entrance and within development site.
- Stake out distribution system trench route.
- Attend your pre-construction meetings to coordinate utility facility construction.
Note: Weather can affect timing of utility facility installation. Very muddy and wet conditions can cause installation
problems and subdivision damage.
We need a minimum three-week window for installation of electric or natural gas facilities. Installation time depends on
varying factors, including soil conditions, size of development and weather. Electric and natural gas distribution
facilities will be installed at separate times by separate crews.
What you do
- Understand that changes made during construction phase cause delays and may result in additional charges. Changes can
cause delays because of additional costs, equipment or materials needs, easement and/or permit issues, joint construction
- Maintain a clear path along entire utility facilities construction route.
- Maintain all markings needed for construction (lot corners, road center lines, etc.) throughout construction area. If any
markings are removed or destroyed, they need to be re-set immediately.
- Maintain grade along utility construction route.
- Contact Diggers Hotline (Wisconsin) or Miss Dig (Michigan) for any construction work you do after our distribution facilities
have been installed and maintain necessary safety clearances to our facilities.
- Send us the final plat for the development for recording with the county register of deeds. Once you provide us with the final
plat, about six days are required to record it and energize the distribution system. Contact your We Energies representative
if you have any questions.
What we do
- Construct electric and/or natural gas distribution facilities.
- Keep you informed of schedule and any issues that arise.
- Install telephone and cable TV facilities along with electric distribution if applicable.
- Clean up and remove all excess utility construction materials.
- Energize your electric distribution system after all construction work is complete and final plat recorded.
- Activate your natural gas distribution system after all construction work is complete.
Installation of additional services (lighting, pump stations, etc.) are installed separately from the development's electric and/or
natural gas distribution system.
After our distribution system and equipment are installed, any relocation due to grade issues or other reasons will incur additional
Note: We do not restore the site after installing the electric and/or natural gas distribution facilities. The site will be left as
level as possible, but excess materials caused from our excavation during installation of utility services will not be removed.