Temporary disconnection/reconnection for service upgrades
This program allows temporary service disconnection and same-day reconnection for service upgrades. Note: This process applies to overhead-to-overhead services only.
- Call 800-714-7777 ext. 7700 any weekday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule disconnection date/time. Please contact us as soon as you know your project requires a disconnection.
- Our troubleshooter will disconnect service to make it safe for contractor work.
- Contractor completes work and schedules inspection.
- Inspector checks work for compliance. If passed, inspector provides documentation to We Energies.
- Fax documentation to 262-574-6401 or 800-632-1460.
- Call 262-574-6453 with a verbal authorization and follow up with faxed documentation.
- Email documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contractor calls 800-714-7777 ext. 7700 to schedule reconnect. Note: We must receive inspection no later than 3:30 p.m. to reconnect the same day.
- Troubleshooter reconnects service.
Exceptions to same-day reconnection
We strive to schedule same-day reconnects; however, if there is a storm or critical problem that occurs, we contact the contractor.
Work not eligible for this service
- Siding jobs
- Painting jobs
- Tree trim/removal
- Relocation jobs
- Facilities abandonment (demolitions or house moves)