How we restore power
Main steps in restoring service
- Fix hazards that are life-threatening, such as a power line on a street.
- Investigate causes of other outages, assess damage and assign repair crews.
- Estimate restoration times or completing repairs.
- Restore service by making equipment repairs. Power may return after one piece of equipment is repaired, but sometimes multiple pieces of equipment may need repair, adding to restoration time.
Read more about how we restore power
Power restoration steps
- Repair live wires and address potentially life-threatening situations.
- Communicate with American TransmissionCompany to address any issues with their transmission lines.
- Fix substation equipment.
- Restore main distribution lines.
- Repair secondary lines serving neighborhoods.
- Fix service lines to individual homes and businesses.