Learn how to recognize potential hazards when using energy in a home or building.
Call a qualified electrician if you notice:
- Blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers
- Tingling when touching an appliance
- Discolored wall outlets
- Burning smell from an appliance or wiring
- Sizzling sound at switches or outlets
- Flickering lights
Natural gas is colorless and odorless until we add mercaptan, a foul odor (like rotten eggs or sulfur) to help detect leaks. If you smell natural gas or have a natural gas emergency, leave immediately and call 800-261-5325 from another location.