We Energies terms and conditions
Effective Oct. 1, 2010
Wisconsin Electric Power Company and Wisconsin Gas Company, doing business as
Your access and use of the Site also is subject to the following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") and all applicable laws and regulations. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreements you may have with us for such purposes are superseded and have no force or effect.
Terms and conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without our written permission. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us.
- We Energies makes efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this site. The output generated by the tools on this site are estimates of costs and/or savings based on your inputs and various sources of regional and national data. Utility and energy cost data is updated regularly, while the weather data used is historic and will not match any particular year. Even though We Energies is continually updating data, energy cost estimates will not exactly match your actual energy bills. In addition, cost and savings estimates are representative of homes and businesses similar to yours and are dependent on many factors, including energy modeling assumptions, weather, changes in your lifestyle/business operations, and the data you provide on your home/facility, equipment and systems. We Energies assumes no legal liability for the information obtained from this Site. We Energies intends to update information listed on the Site where appropriate, but shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, delays or failures to do so and is not obligated to notify users when information has been updated.
- Some of the information used for energy analysis is provided by third parties, including state/government agencies and private services. We Energies relies on these parties for the accuracy of their information. We Energies does not endorse any of the companies whose information is represented on this Site or who can be reached from links from this Site.
- Your use and browsing of this Site is at your risk. Neither we nor any other party involved in creating, producing, servicing or delivering the Site will be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site or any other site accessed through a link on this Site. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We also assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, including data, text, images, video or audio from the Site.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions and the like, but excluding personal or account information, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Except for personal and account information, anything you transmit or post may be used by us or our affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Furthermore, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either our property, or used by us with permission. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless We give you written permission.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are our registered and unregistered Trademarks. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without our written permission. Your misuse of the Trademark, or any content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You also are advised that we will aggressively enforce our intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution, if appropriate.
- Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the Site, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court orders requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting, you are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions by which you are bound.