We install electric and natural gas service year-round. Installation prices are based on normal construction conditions. Additional charges apply from Dec. 1 through March 31 for the following reasons:
- Mud, ice and frost make it harder to move equipment around.
- Colder temperatures, as well as snow, rain, sleet and brisk wind chills, make schedules less predictable.
- Shorter daylight hours, less time for crews to work. Additional wear and tear on equipment and vehicles.
To avoid additional charges, we offer two installation options
Option 1: The completed and signed Ready for Service card(s) for electric and/or natural gas service needs to be submitted to We Energies on or before Nov. 30. By submitting the card, you are verifying that all service requirements listed on the reverse side of this brochure have
Option 2: Request your electric and/or natural gas facilities to be scheduled for installation during the weeks following March 31.
To keep you on schedule
It is very important to have your site ready when we arrive to install your service. Your site is ready for electric and/or natural gas service after you complete all of the following:
Electric and natural gas ready for service requirements
- Locate, mark or expose any buried obstructions or underground facilities, such as a well or underground yard lighting, with stakes, spray paint or flags.
- Clear a minimum 10-foot-wide path along the service route from the property line to the meter location.
- Make sure dirt piles, construction materials and other things are not in the way.
- Ensure the ground around the home and along the service route are within 4 inches of final grade.
- Send permits and easements to us along with signed sketch (if applicable) and payment (if applicable).
Additional natural gas ready for service requirement
Desired meter location must be marked on a foundation wall or a built/framed wall with a flag, stake or spray paint.
Additional electric ready for service requirement
Install meter socket at agreed-upon meter location. Electrical inspection must be received before service can be energized.
Final ready for service installation requirements
Complete and submit your electric and/or natural gas Ready for Service form(s) to us.
After we receive the Ready for Service form(s) and all other requirements are met (permits, easements, etc.), we will schedule the installation. If applying for both electric and natural gas service, the installations may be scheduled separately. Electric service will be energized after payment and municipal inspection are received.