Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Billing
Electronic data interchange allows customers with an EDI infrastructure to exchange billing data between organizations and offers benefits to larger companies:
- Quickly process billing information and conduct analysis
- Reduce data entry costs and expedite payment approval
- Access bill information in your system in the format you want
One of our representatives will work with you to ensure a smooth transition to EDI Billing. Once you are enrolled in EDI Billing, your paper bills stop, and your bills are sent electronically the day they are prepared. Bill inserts and other information that was mailed with your paper statement also are sent electronically.
To enroll in EDI Billing, you must follow our 810 implementation guide, agree to our terms and conditions and meet the following requirements:
- EDI software: If your organization does not already have EDI capability, you will need to purchase and install EDI translation software and hardware infrastructure. Your software must be capable of receiving the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X-12, Utility Industry Group (UIG) and Transaction Set 810 Invoice.
- VAN mailbox: You must create an electronic mailbox with a Value Added Network service provider (VAN) or with a third-party provider. You must have access to a VAN for EDI 810 invoices.
- Electronic payment required: You must agree to pay your bill with any of our convenient electronic options. To maximize EDI convenience and benefits, we suggest our EDI 820 payment option.
- Electronic funds transfer
- EDI 820 payment
- Continuous ACH payment
- One-time ACH debit
- Automatic Payment Plan
- My Account
Accounts not eligible for EDI
Accounts not eligible for the EDI Billing program are as follows:
- Group Bill accounts (Because EDI Billing offers most of the Group Bill advantages, we work with you to transition these accounts.)
- Accounts located outside of Wisconsin
- Accounts not billed through the standard billing system:
- Alternatively billed accounts
- Gas transportation accounts
- Customer owned generation accounts
- Transitional accounts (Accounts in interim ownership, control or management with responsibility or occupancy expected to last less than 12 months)
If you want to enroll, contact us at 800-714-7777 ext. 7700 or via email.
Questions and answers
How can I enroll my business in EDI Billing?
If you have questions or would like to enroll in EDI, call us at 800-714-7777 ext. 7700 or via email.
Can I select which (and how many) accounts I want to enroll in EDI Billing?
Yes. You can pick any number of eligible accounts to enroll in EDI Billing.
Can I choose to stop using EDI Billing and go back to paper statements?
Yes. You can choose to stop EDI Billing at any time and switch back to paper billing. Just contact us at 800-714-7777 ext. 7700 or via email to request the change. This change is effective with your next bill.
My business already uses EDI. How do I set up EDI Billing with you?
Call us at 800-714-7777 ext. 7700 to enroll or via email.
Can I use EDI billing if I’m currently on the Group Bill program?
Accounts are not eligible to be set up in both Group Bill and EDI Billing at the same time. Our account representatives can assist you in transitioning from Group Bill to EDI Billing. With EDI Billing, you can group and sort your bills any way you want.
What payment methods are available if I use EDI Billing?
You must agree to pay your bill with any of our convenient electronic options. To maximize the convenience and benefits of EDI, we suggest our EDI 820 payment option. Other electronic payment options are available.