Professional service providers
Call us first
To resolve any power quality problem, contact us to investigate.
Our service team will determine the quality of the power entering your facility. Any problems that are our responsibility will be diagnosed and corrected at no charge. We also will work with you and your electrician or electrical contractor to resolve other power quality issues.
Power quality diagnosis and resolution
If you still experience problems after we verify incoming power quality, you may need electrical professionals:
- Electrical contractors.
You may have an ongoing relationship with a particular electrical contractor for internal wiring or other electrical services. Electrical contractor staff electricians typically can identify and resolve most power quality problems.
- Independent electrical testing firms.
Such firms provide specialized staff and diagnostic equipment to analyze and recommend resolution of power quality and other internal electrical problems. The testing firm typically includes engineers who have expertise to handle difficult power quality problems. Their independence from mitigation equipment manufacturers, vendors and related service providers means they provide unbiased evaluations and recommendations. Their recommendation is implemented by your electrical contractor, consulting engineer or other electrical professional.
Consulting engineering firms typically are retained on an individual project basis and provide:
- New installation design or design/build (proactive power quality mitigation)
- Power quality investigation and resolution recommendations
- Mitigation equipment installation and implementation project management
Each electrical professional has a specific role in helping ensure your internal electrical environment is compatible with your equipment and systems. However, there is a wide range of capabilities among the firms in each category and multiple approaches to diagnosing and resolving your power quality concerns.
What to look for in your power quality service provider
- Depth and breadth of experience providing power quality diagnostic and mitigation services.
- Training and education in power quality matters.
- Investigation procedure (PDF 494k) approach and expectations.
- Approach to monitoring. (How many devices? What is monitored? How Long?)
- Professional licenses and membership in professional associations.
- Whether or not they are tied exclusively to a particular solutions manufacturer.
- Approach to developing a business case for investing in a power quality solution.
Advanced training and expertise also is important for more complicated power quality situations. We worked with the National Electrical Contractors Association and Associated Builders & Contractors to develop advanced power quality training.
Immediate power quality problems
If you are presently experiencing equipment or system disruptions, and you suspect the cause is related to your facilitys internal electrical environment, contact us at 800-714-7777 ext. 7700. Our service team can start the resolution process right away.
Learn more about power compatibility mitigation devices.