We employ engineers to help us design systems and equipment that keep energy flowing to our customers. Helping our businesses become more efficient and effective are civil, computer, electrical, environmental and mechanical engineers. Learn more about our company and our opportunities:
Duties / Requirements / Qualifications
The employee must have the ability to utilize and apply advanced engineering techniques to problem resolutions, evaluations and calculations. The employee should have the ability to independently modify, extrapolate, or develop approaches for unique issues, requiring guidance on extremely complex projects only. The employee will build and lead teams or provide work direction to employees to ensure success of projects and/or solve problems.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Performs predictive and root cause analysis of problems. Determines and initiates corrective action.
- Applies current methods to monitor and evaluate system performance and equipment condition in order to develop system plans which will minimize life cycle costs, while maintaining reliability, safety, performance and regulatory compliance.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies engineering analysis techniques. Exercises judgment in selection and adoption of alternatives that are cost effective, maintain or enhance performance and protect the health and safety of personnel and the public.
- Has full technical and financial responsibility for planning, developing, organizing, coordinating and scheduling a variety of engineering projects.
- Responsible for specification preparation and bid review for engineering projects.
- Responsible for identifying and following up improvements on existing programs, practices and procedures through continuous process improvement techniques.
- Interacts with other business units, vendors, regulatory agencies and unauthorized inspectors to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provides technical expertise, leadership, direction and training in various work groups.
- Applies prioritization, negotiation, conflict management, interpersonal and delegation skills to accomplish goals. Manages and values diversity, while applying the management competencies.
Education and experience requirements
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential. Strong analytical capabilities are required. Candidates must be willing to travel to other plant sites and work during off hours if problems arise. Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and meet company driving requirements. A professional engineering license in the state of Wisconsin or Michigan is desirable.
Engineer degree programs
Marquette University - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Michigan Technological University - Houghton, Michigan
Milwaukee School of Engineering - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin - Madison, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin - Platteville, Wisconsin