Before applying for support from the We Energies Foundation, make sure the organization or project is eligible.
Eligible projects/organizations are:
- A qualified charitable, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization, per Internal Revenue Service Code guidelines
- Located in a community served by We Energies
- Focused on a funding area:
- Economic health
- Fraternal organizations (such as veterans organizations, Rotary)
- Trips, tours, pageants, team or extra-curricular school events, and student exchange programs
- Programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- Political action or legislative advocacy groups
- Programs with a purpose that is solely athletic in nature
- Organizations located outside the geographic boundaries of our service territory, except to fund a specific project that is delivered directly to our customer communities
- Organizations determined by the IRS to be not tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
Workplace giving campaigns
We conduct annual workplace campaigns to garner employee support for the arts and culture, and for health and human services. Company campaigns include the Arts Fund, which includes the United Performing Arts Fund, and United Way.
Frequently asked questions
Ineligible organizations and program
The We Energies Foundation Board reserves the right to determine eligibility.
Typically, we do not fund the following: