Environmental commitment guiding principles
As principles to guide its actions, the company:
- Includes environmental factors as an integral part of its planning and operating decisions.
- Recognizes the contribution every employee can make to improve the company's environmental
performance and encourages employees to become environmental stewards.
- Communicates and reinforces environmental values throughout the company.
- Practices responsible environmental stewardship of all company-owned properties and natural
resources entrusted to its management.
- Minimizes adverse environmental impacts of operations by: meeting or surpassing environmental
standards, investing in energy efficiency measures, and supporting company recycling and waste
- Supports research and implements new technologies for emissions control, energy efficiency,
renewable energy resources, and other environmental and health concerns associated with utility
- Accepts accountability for its operations by responding to environmental incidents quickly and
effectively and promptly informing the appropriate parties.
- Provides public participation opportunities and welcomes communication from stakeholders on
environmental issues; and continues to foster constructive working relationships with environmental
organizations, community leaders, media and government agencies.
- Participates with government and others in creating responsible laws and regulations to safeguard
the environment, community and workplace.
- Commits employee and management resources to support and implement these principles.
- Periodically reviews performance to ensure that programs and practices are consistent with these